Saturday, October 20, 2007

I made it to Vietnam!

Hello all-

Just a quick note to let you all know that I made it to my backpackers hostel in Hanoi this morning.  I LOVE it here!  It's unbelievable...and such a change from the big cities of China.



This is me leaving the airport in Hanoi.  10 days in two countries and I only have this one little backpack I got on the streets of Hong Kong!! :)


Here is a picture of the front of my hostel from the street.  It's full of young, fun people doing the same thing I am!



I met a really cool young girl from Denmark doing the same thing I am -- she was at the airport in HK by herself too-- we are new BFFs.   Her name is Sofie Skau.  Here is a picture of us in the street just outside our hostel.  (Yea, not a good area, I know, but it was cheap!)  I was trying to tell the Vietnamese guy - who didn't speak English - how to take a picture.  He had no idea how to work my camera!

Sorry - no time to write now - but I've got some great stories!! 

We are off to explore the city of Hanoi!


-TK

No comments:

Post a Comment