- Super Bowl Sunday! Had to wear my new shirt that Ryan and Shannon got me at the Oakland Raiders game ... in LONDON.
- Kansas was COLD in February.
I'm talking so cold that my mood ring was BLACK!
I didn't even know that was a color the mood ring registered!
- I went to dinner at Tony and Christa's one night, and Christa pulled THIS out of the oven:
My brother and I were dying. Christa was all, "Grow up, you two." But she eventually laughed a little too.
Come on...how hilarious is that!? It's some sort of squash I guess. But wow...too much. ;)
- The snow and cold temps made for some good pictures! I took this from my kitchen window one morning before work.
- Cristo Rey Lady Pumas Basketball was in full swing in February. This was Senior Night:
- I don't remember why I took this, but I think it was because I was just SO excited there was actually some warm sun early in the morning for once. It's been so cold and dark all winter...
|And my hair is outta control #INeedAHairCut|
- Started planning a little trip to Africa for next month...
I think I should have been a travel agent. Researching and planning trips is seriously one of my all-time favorite things to do...outside of actually going on the trips. :)
- I bought these really expensive (and really interesting looking) boots made of reindeer skin when I was in Sweden. I couldn't remember how they were supposed to be tied, so I asked my friend in Sweden. He sent me this picture:
So I sent him these back:
I'm not crazy about them now that I have them home, but they're definitely unique (which I love) and will always remind me of Sweden.
- Shannon got me this cool pine cone candle...to appease my obsession with Tahoe pine cones.
- Speaking of Shannon, I got to see her a couple of times this month! Here we are eating dinner with the biggest slab of ribs ever made.
(We didn't even put a dent in that plate...)
- February was really cold...but we did have one weekend of just glorious weather. 60's and sunny in February is pretty much unheard of. I definitely soaked up those warm temps at the park with my niece and nephew...and let the wind blow through my hair in the car.
- Kansas. Sunset. Enough said.
|(From my front porch)|
- I took Hunter a Valentine's Day necklace that my mom had sent up for him.
I'm not sure...but I think he liked it. Hahaha ;)
- There is officially one more CrossFitter in the world :)
|It's a challenge and I'm loving it!|
- I had Presidents Day off work, so I took Hadley and Hunter for a little play date.
They are the worst air hockey players I've ever seen. ;)
On the way home, Hadley said, "I'm just going to shut my eyes for a second."
And about a second later, her poor head was bobbing all over the place.
Don't mind me while I snap pictures while driving.
(JUST KIDDING! Only at stop lights.)
- I'm trying to eat healthy (more paleo-ish) and found a couple of recipes to try on Instagram.
We'll see how long it lasts, but this was my kale, quinoa and salmon for lunch!
- Christa put this cool braid in my hair, and I liked it so much, I couldn't take it out.
Here is day 1 and day 2 with the braid.
- And Day 3 with the braid. 3 workouts down and it's still hanging in there...kind of.
|Messy is in, right?|
- Hunter asked me to play CandyLand with him. When I asked him about the rules and how to play it (because he was cheating) he promptly got out the instructions and started "reading" them to me. He's 3. And can't read a word...
- This recipe has a great story to go along with it:
I saw this recipe on Facebook and decided to make these healthy muffins.
Easy enough, right?
Well, not when you miss the last step and DON'T PUT ANY MILK IN!!
Haha - I can't even make that up. That's why I just stick to smoothies in the kitchen.
- GPAC CONFERENCE CHAMPS!! (For the 2nd year in a row.)
So proud of my girls!!