- KC Convoy of Hope. For the third year, I volunteered in the Family Portrait tent taking pictures of families. It's a pretty rewarding event to be a part of -- giving back to the local community. I got lots of smiles and hugs...and even a few tears.
- Too much sun. I spent a Saturday doing yard work...in my sports bra. Can you tell I forgot sunblock?
- Hunter helped with yard work. Or watered rocks. And then himself.
- Lunch with my favorite 20-month-old. Every other Saturday I get to spend the day with him. Isn't he the cutest!?
- Shaved my dogs. And my kitchen will never be the same. June is ridiculously hot, and they're shedding like crazy. I thought a little less hair might help? It took so long to do Willow that Cricket lucked out and missed the fun.
|That's a lot of Willow hair.|
|She was embarrassed to be naked. (She actually didn't mind at all.)|
|Pretty sure I'm going to be sweeping up dog hair for months...|
- Visa to travel to India. I sent off a packet of info and pictures and signatures...along with my passport and money, of course (I don't know why it's so hard to get in to some countries) - and then received it back a few days later with a shiny new Visa for a fun trip on August!
- Lunch date with my cute niece, Hadley. She loves Chick-Fil-A, mainly for the play area. So of course I had to crawl up and play with her...in my skirt I had on for work.
- Another Father's Day came and went without my dad. I have these pictures up at work and see him every day.
- My brother and sister-in-law got a new Apple computer! It's pretty awesome, and we had a good time playing with the camera features.
|Here we are as the alien family.|
|There is already a timer to rotate turns between the kids. It's a popular item.|
- Matt & Kim concert at P&L. I've seen them three times in the last two years and they are still my favorite concert to go to. They're just so fun and really know how to entertain.
- Peeling skin. That is from my eyebrow. I got them waxed and for some reason (maybe due to some new face cream I'm using), the skin decided to come off with the wax and hair. It was a fun few days with bright red, raw eyebrows.
- Summer Fun in the yard. My brother and sister-in-law made the best investment ever with a blow up water slide.
Hunter loved going down the slide backwards...over and over again.
YouTube video of it is HERE.
|Hadley loved the sprinkler under the trampoline.|
- Going Away BBQ for some good friends. He is going to grad-school in Indiana, so we all got together before they left. Apparently I forgot to take pictures of the food and only got one of the empty plates and dirty napkin on the table. The aftermath.
Nate and Hannah
- Wedding at Union Station for an old work friend. We were late and missed most of the wedding, so we waited in the hall for the reception. Oops. ;)
|Old work friends - Jayhawk reunion.|
- Super Moon. It was crazy big and bright. This pic snapped from my back deck does not do it justice!
- My new running shoes finally came. I designed them both on NikeID and love them. The ones on the top even have my name on the tongue of the shoe!
|They're already getting plenty of miles on them.|
- Family Dinner on Tuesday nights.
|Brody cracked his last cascarone from San Antonio |
over my head and surprised us all! He got me good.
|Hunter loves to line up all of his cars on the tv stand.|
- First Day of Summer. My purple balloon flower blossomed for the first time. It's my favorite flower in my garden.
- Gear For Sports Dock Sale. Once a year, they sell all of there damaged or imperfect apparel for super super cheap. I snagged some interesting items. Under Armour running shorts for $7? Yes, please. Don't mind that they say Arkansas Tech, haha.
(No idea if Okoboji University is even real. )
- Hunter learned to text on my mom's phone. Or not.