Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Phone Dump

  • KC Convoy of Hope.  For the third year, I volunteered in the Family Portrait tent taking pictures of families.  It's a pretty rewarding event to be a part of -- giving back to the local community.  I got lots of smiles and hugs...and even a few tears.



  • Too much sun.  I spent a Saturday doing yard work...in my sports bra.  Can you tell I forgot sunblock? 

  • Hunter helped with yard work.  Or watered rocks.  And then himself. 

  • Lunch with my favorite 20-month-old.  Every other Saturday I get to spend the day with him.  Isn't he the cutest!?
 

  • Shaved my dogs.  And my kitchen will never be the same.  June is ridiculously hot, and they're shedding like crazy.  I thought a little less hair might help?  It took so long to do Willow that Cricket lucked out and missed the fun. 


That's a lot of Willow hair.

She was embarrassed to be naked.  (She actually didn't mind at all.)

Pretty sure I'm going to be sweeping up dog hair for months...

  • Visa to travel to India.  I sent off a packet of info and pictures and signatures...along with my passport and money, of course (I don't know why it's so hard to get in to some countries) - and then received it back a few days later with a shiny new Visa for a fun trip on August!




  • Lunch date with my cute niece, Hadley.  She loves Chick-Fil-A, mainly for the play area.  So of course I had to crawl up and play with her...in my skirt I had on for work. 

  • Another Father's Day came and went without my dad.  I have these pictures up at work and see him every day. 

  • My brother and sister-in-law got a new Apple computer!  It's pretty awesome, and we had a good time playing with the camera features. 
Here we are as the alien family.

There is already a timer to rotate turns between the kids.  It's a popular item.

  • Matt & Kim concert at P&L.  I've seen them three times in the last two years and they are still my favorite concert to go to. They're just so fun and really know how to entertain. 


  • Peeling skin.  That is from my eyebrow.  I got them waxed and for some reason (maybe due to some new face cream I'm using), the skin decided to come off with the wax and hair.  It was a fun few days with bright red, raw eyebrows. 

  • Summer Fun in the yard.  My brother and sister-in-law made the best investment ever with a blow up water slide. 

Hunter loved going down the slide backwards...over and over again.
YouTube video of it is HERE.


Hadley loved the sprinkler under the trampoline.

    

  • Going Away BBQ for some good friends.  He is going to grad-school in Indiana, so we all got together before they left.  Apparently I forgot to take pictures of the food and only got one of the empty plates and dirty napkin on the table.  The aftermath.


Nate                               and                                Hannah


  • Wedding at Union Station for an old work friend.  We were late and missed most of the wedding, so we waited in the hall for the reception.  Oops. ;)


Old work friends - Jayhawk reunion.

  • Super Moon.  It was crazy big and bright.  This pic snapped from my back deck does not do it justice! 

  • My new running shoes finally came.  I designed them both on NikeID and love them.  The ones on the top even have my name on the tongue of the shoe!  
They're already getting plenty of miles on them. 
  •  Family Dinner on Tuesday nights.   
Brody cracked his last cascarone from San Antonio
over my head and surprised us all!  He got me good.

Hunter loves to line up all of his cars on the tv stand.

  • First Day of Summer.  My purple balloon flower blossomed for the first time.  It's my favorite flower in my garden.

  • Gear For Sports Dock Sale.  Once a year, they sell all of there damaged or imperfect apparel for super super cheap.  I snagged some interesting items.  Under Armour running shorts for $7?  Yes, please.  Don't mind that they say Arkansas Tech, haha.


                                                       (No idea if Okoboji University is even real. )

  • Hunter learned to text on my mom's phone.  Or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment