- Summer time = baseball time. Look at that batting stance and swing Brody has going on! He's quite the little baseball player already!
- 6 weeks after surgery, I got my stitches out. I totally could have done that myself!
- Got some new sandals! They had good reviews and have a solid footbed with lots of support -- exactly what I need for my poor foot. It's in rough shape after two surgeries in two years!
- I had so many text messages that looked like this in May. Scott would send me his location, and I would pull it up on my iPad (while FaceTiming with him on my iPhone) and figure out how far it was to his next destination -- or find him a hotel or a rest stop or whatever it was he was looking for while driving across the US!
- This was one of his planned routes. I think it changed some in the end, but this one was close. That's a LOT of miles on the road!
- It doesn't happen all that often, but when I get my work email inbox to look like this, it's a good day. Empty is good. :)
- Lunch date at Whole Foods with my high school girls!
- Hadley and I did her last KiwiCrate activity box in May. I think it was a hold over from winter, but we finally found time to put together a Frozen themed lantern!
- Since I decided to sell my house, lots of projects have been on the To Do list. I finished re-staining the deck in just a couple of hours. It might not be the best job ever done, but at least it looks good at first glance!
- We had several really good sunsets in KC this month.
- As the house projects continued, I spent one fun Friday night shampooing carpets. Good times...
- Jason and Kelli went out for a kid free dinner date, so I took Hadley and Hudson to Chik Fil A and then to Antioch Park for the evening. It had been cloudy and rainy all day, but the sun finally came out and it was a gorgeous night!
- More house projects: replacing ceiling tiles and repainting. (I had to recruit my much taller roommate's help for the ceiling!)
(Can you tell I only repainted ONE wall?)
- Aaaaand it's LISTED.
I tried For Sale By Owner for a couple of weeks and eventually caved to a realtor after not much success. (In hindsight, I wish I would have held out a little longer and paid for an MLS number myself...but whatever. It sold. And I'm out 6%.)
- One house project that was NOT on the list was repainting all the kitchen cabinets. I started to touch up a couple...and then just decided to go for it and do them all - inside and out.
- I held an open house and had some cute helpers to assist with the signs and balloons!
- Apparently no nap and lots of running around in the heat will knock a kid out. I literally could not wake Hunter up. I mean I was wiggling his head around and wasn't quiet at all as I slammed doors an carried him inside ... and nothing. I had to check for breathing to make sure he was still alive!
|(Hadley was so sweet and held his head up when he fell asleep and slumped over on her shoulder.)|