Sunday, May 31, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

Instead of me flying to meet Scott somewhere, he came back to KC for the long Memorial Day weekend.

I don't even remember the last time I spent a holiday weekend at home, but it's not so bad when you have someone fun to spend it with. :)

First up:  Training



Scott is training for a 50 mile race (yes, FIFTY. MILES) in the mountains in July, 
so we spend a lot of time doing this. ^^

Him running and me riding my bike beside him.


Up next:  House projects

I am in the process of getting my house ready to sell, so he got put to work scraping a border down from my bathroom.




Sunday night, we did manage to stop working long enough for some fun.  We went down to Union Station to here the KC Symphony and watch the fireworks show.



The symphony blew my mind - I'd never heard them before and thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.






And of course you can't go wrong with fireworks behind Liberty Memorial!





Monday: Yard work.

(I told him I was putting him to work if he came to KC, and I wasn't kidding!)






That night we went to dinner at Houlihans with my whole family.  




It's rare that we ALL get together outside of birthdays, so this was a fun treat!



Of course, Cool Aunt Terri had to take ALL FIVE of the kids out for ice cream after dinner.




Nothing says "welcome to the family" like wrangling five little ones with sticky hands and ice cream running down their faces! ;)




I think Scott enjoyed it just as much as the kids did.  He handled it like a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment