Here is the collection of randomness from my phone in October:
- My sister-in-law sent me this pic from Pinterest -- the website I've still never been on! If I ever have kids, this is definitely what their room is going to look like:
|maps + bright colors = two of my favorite things|
- Date night at Voltaire - a new restaurant in the West Bottoms. I randomly came across it on the Urbanspoon app and we decided to check it out. SO glad we did. It was amazing! Easily in our Top 5 favorite restaurants in KC! It might of had to do with the delicious appetizer (below) that was so good we ordered two! But really, everything we had was great!
- Silly Willow. Her favorite spot to lay is at the bottom of the steps, with one leg up on the bottom one!
- I stooped down to an all-time low of cheapness. I randomly decided one Sunday afternoon that I would just spray paint my already cheap plastic blinds to "lighten up" the family room. (They were brown and I wanted them lighter - like tan or gold-ish.) Well, of course it turned out awful, and I probably wasted more money on spray paint than I would have on new blinds! Needless to say, they went in the trash can, and I made a trip to Home Depot for nice, new wooden blinds. Even though they're still dark, they look SO much better than the cheap little plastic ones!
|spray painting blinds in the garage|
- We had some seriously amazing sunsets in late September / early October. The first two pics aren't even edited. The sky really looked that awesome. It was crazy beautiful!
- I found my future wedding dress on Instagram. Love it! (Side note: When I showed it to Christa, she said, "You realize your boobs aren't going to look like that, right?" Ha! I love her honesty. :) )
- October was unseasonably warm. I think the warmest it got was 86! My mom met me at a park near where I work one Friday afternoon so I could have lunch and play with the kids. Such a nice break from the office!
- Matt and I went to see the movie "Rush" one evening in the middle of the week -- and we were the only ones int he theater! That definitely calls for standing up on the seat for some pictures.
- Date night at a new place in KC called Novel. They turned a house in to a restaurant! We were really excited to try it out, and were both a little disappointed. The food was just okay. But the dessert was amazing!
- The moon AND the sun were out at the same time on my drive to Matt's one evening. I didn't get a good shot of the sun behind me, but you can see the full moon was up and it was still light out!
- I got a new nephew! Hudson Lawrence was born on October 17th! And his big sister is so proud!
|SO tiny and SO cute!|
- After visiting Hudson at the hospital, we went out for pizza. Hunter decided to show us all how big he was and how old he is about to be. It's so adorable. You ask him big he is and he grins and stretches out his arms as wide as he can!
|2 fingers for the almost 2 year old!|
- I tried on some new coats at Costco. The purple one was actually a little girls size XL and the sleeve were just a little too tight. The short black coat was too big - they didn't have any smalls, so I opted for the long black one! I've never had a long coat like that before, and I already love it! It keeps my butt warm! (Oh - and Hunter got a new coat, too.)
|Hunter's new puffy coat!|
- Is it normal for your toes to look like this after running a marathon? I sure hope so. Because those are my toes.
- We had some really gorgeous weekends in October. One Saturday was too nice to sit inside, so I spent some time with Hunter at the park! One of his favorite things to do is to "help" dad mow the yard. Which consists of Tony carrying him around in one arm and pushing the mower with the other. I had to drag him away to get him to go to the park with me!
- One of my good friends from college is about to have her first baby! We celebrated the coming of her new baby girl with a beautiful shower for her. Of course I waited until the day of to get get my gift, but it turned out I wasn't the only one! I saw another friend in there doing the same thing, and when I checked out, the gal working the register told me I was the fourth person that morning for that registry! Glad I'm not the only last minute shopper! I got her a diaper bag filled with travel wipes, toys, medicine dispensers, and the cutest little banana toothbrush I've ever seen!
|Top left: she's holding up the toothbrush, and the diaper bag is on the table|
- I don't remember what exactly I was looking for at Wal-Mart, but this ring (it's fake, don't worry) caught my eye and I just loved it! And for $8, I almost bought it! It looks real, right? ;)
- My sister-in-law made these adorable Halloween decoartions out of milk jugs! Aren't they awesome?! They look so cool at night and were supposedly super easy to make. Another Pinterest success for her!
- It literally is impossible to watch a movie with this on your lap:
- I got a sneak preview of Hunter's puppy dog costume for Halloween. My brother brought him over before going to some "Enchanted Forest" thing for kids. He wasn't too sure what to think at first, and definitely was not a fan of the hood, but at least he kept the costume on!
- After searching all over KC, I finally found these new TOMS in my size. I love them, and actually ended up with two pairs -- these and the same shoes in Chestnut suede!
- I've decided I want to learn to sew. The whole making my own Halloween costume was a nightmare, and made me realize that sewing wouldn't be a bad tool to have. So I'm planning on taking some classes at JoAnn's to learn. And while I'm at it, I think I'll give knitting and crocheting a shot, too!
- One morning I hopped in my car to get to work ... and it wouldn't start. Dead battery! I had left the door open the night before when I came down to the garage in the dark to throw a bag of Goodwill donations in. Oops! So over lunch, Matt brought me back to try and jump it. We gave it a shot, but no luck. The battery was completely corroded. So remembering what my dad did when I was in college, I sent Matt to the store across the street for a bottle of Coke. It did the trick! We dumped it on the battery and it instantly ate all the gross stuff off and jumped successfully. I seriously can't believe people actually drink something that does that to a car battery. Imagine what it's doing to the inside of your stomach! Eeewww!
|We totally look like we know what we're doing. (We just googled it. )|