Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hunter - 2

My adorable nephew -- who I'm more than slightly obsessed with -- turned TWO this week!  And I can't believe it.  I mean, I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday!  


Day 1 (top) and Day 730 (bottom)

A  lot changes in two years...as the pictures to the left show!

I was there when he took his first breath and have watched him grow from an infant to a toddler.  I have video of him taking some of his first steps, and remember the goosebumps I got the first time he mumbled "Aunt Terri" somewhat audibly. 

To say I love this little man is an understatement.  I pretty much think he is the best little invention since pb&j.  (And I reaaallly  love pb&j!)  


To get his day started off right, my mom and I FaceTimed with him before I went to work.  He wasn't too sure what to think when we were singing "Happy Birthday" to him, but he eventually came around!


 

Of course I had to have lunch with the birthday boy, too!  My mom brought him to Chik-fil-A by where I work, and I met them there - birthday present in hand!

(mouth full of chicken, but it's the best I could get)

Warning:  PICTURE OVERLOAD

Opening his present.  He only liked the bag of snacks.
A cardigan from H&M and his first pair of Tiny TOMS

Getting him dressed in his new outfit!
(Just missing some skinny jeans!)

TOMS on babies just kill me...
Since he was such a good sport letting me play dress-up, I had to return the favor and play with him at Chick-fil-A.  I am entirely too big for those stairs and the slide, but I made it happen...again and again and again.  How are you supposed to say no when he squeels with delight and reaches his hand out for you to go with him again??



I think he recently learned how to "wink" and does it for pictures now??


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now you would think that would be it for me for his birthday.  But, no.  I tagged along to Chuck-E-Cheese after work with the family for more celebrating!


He wasn't a big fan of a lot of the rides.  He seemed okay with the galloping horse and riding the helicopter ...

 


 

 

... but he absolutely could not get enough of the little car and little fire truck.  I mean, seriously, I bet he rode in that car and hugged that little plastic man beside him at least 10 times.  Minimum.  It was too cute!  He would just sit there and reach his little hand out for another token every time it stopped moving!




LOVE this pic of all the kids! :)

The food finally came.  Ugh.  They have some of the worse pizza ever -- although I didn't try it this time.  Brody's 4th birthday party was it for me.  I went for the salad bar this time.




Hunter found Chuck E. and stood to the side and waived at him!

Picture with my favorite little 2 year old before leaving!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The celebration still wasn't over.  We went back to the house and he got to open his presents from my mom.  We made him sit down and told him to cover his eyes...which turned in to him actually covering his ears, haha!

  

My mom got him a little electric car to ride around on:  Mater the tow truck from Disney's Cars movie!

 

 

He LOVED it and it didn't take him long to figure out how that button worked.  (See the video here)  He now lunges forward trying to make it go faster and has figured out how to turn it around and does loops through the house on it!

He also got some puzzles, books, and small toy trucks (his favorite).  But I think Mater was the winner of the night!

Trying to get him to play with a puzzle after giving 
him an electric car was not a good idea.
Happy Birthday, Hunter Boo Boo / Big Man!  You're still the cutest little thing I've ever seen!

I'll try not be that crazy obsessed aunt, but at this point, I just can't make any promises.  



No comments:

Post a Comment