Saturday, December 5, 2009

Los Angeles, CA

In need of some warmer temps, I went to LA last week.  Short version/highlights: hit up Disneyland for a day AND bungee jumped off a bridge.  Not a bad weekend if you ask me!

I swear, I don't know why everyone doesn't live in California.  The weather there is just amazing.

Day 1 (Friday) was checking out the USC campus (they had a little fair going on or something), hit Venice beach, of course, and attended a live taping of Jay Leno.  Lucked out with front row seats and even got picked to go up on stage before the taping began to entertain the audience with a comedian!  Saw the Christmas lights and Hollywood square after dinner that night.  (The Christmas trees + warm weather really threw me for a loop...)

Day 2 (Saturday) was Disneyland!  I love that place.  I don't care how old I get, I think it will always be fun.  But again, the shorts and Christmas decorations are just a weird combo...  That night I went to the Lakers game, ended up with awesome seats for FREE (some guy standing out front just handed them to me) and got to see Kobe hit a last second game winning three.  Pretty cool.

Day 3 (Sunday) was a long, beautiful hike through a canyon, and eventually jumping off a bridge.  No big deal.  (See link above for a video of it).

Day 4 (Monday) was driving up and down the 101 down to Laguna and Santa Monica Pier, before heading to the airport that evening.

(More detailed post and lots of pictures coming soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment