Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mom turned...29...on Sunday.  And the one thing she loves more than anything is to have "all of her chickens together,"  so that is just what we did.  It took some negotiating, but we all settled on brunch at Granite City, followed by an excurstion to the Overland Park Arboretum (her second favorite thing is looking at flowers).

Grandma loooves her two grand-babies!!

The best birthday present:  EVERYONE TOGETHER!


The weather was questionable that day, but the rain held off until we left the arboretum.  Unfortunately, we are a little early for too many flowers, but I'm pretty sure my mom thoroughly enjoyed the family time regardless!





The one present we agreed to get her was a new phone.  She has had her old razor flip phone for waaay too long.  An upgrade was definitely in order.  I talked her in to the Samsung Brightside since she is stuck with Verizon in Great Bend, but had to leave her right away to come back to work. 

About an hour later, I got a phone call. 

"I have no idea how I got you, but somehow I figured out how to find your number." 

Thinking texting might be easier since it has a full keyboard on it, I sent a text and said, "Have you figured out how to text yet?" 

This is what I got back: "Mmon6om" 

Ha, I'll take that as a no. :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that is hysterical about the new phone! :) Glad you could all celebrate together!!

    ReplyDelete