Monday, July 15, 2013

#wallwedding

(There was a sign that said to use the hashtag #wallwedding to documnt the days events.  What a good idea to be able to see everyone's pictures in one spot!  Social media is amazing. :) )

Two of my friends got married last weekend!  The groom was one of my brothers best friends in college.  He was almost like a brother to me, too, and was about the only boy I was allowed to talk to at their fraternity! 

Their wedding was held at a small church (kind of in the middle of nowhere) south of Kansas City.  It was an old, small, beautiful church though - so I see why those chose it!



My brother was a groomsman in the wedding.  Snapped this cute pic of us after the ceremony.


Seriously.  How cute is this flower girl dress!?


The rest of the wedding event was held in downtown KC at The President Hotel.  Matt skipped the wedding and met up with us there.


The cocktail hour was held a couple of floors below the reception/dinner/dance.  We were there just long enough to grab a drink and enjoy some of the appetizers before heading upstairs.


The top floor was decorated beautifully for the dinner/dance!


 

Matt and I decided to practice cutting the cake.  Ha!  Do we look like wedding crashers or what!?

 

Christa and I kept the #wallwedding pictures going all day long. :)



These two cute little girls (daughters of a friend from college) were at our table.  They kept talking about going up to "touch the princess"  (aka the bride) when she arrived.



The little girls provided the entertainment before the wedding party arrived. ;)

Highlight of the night for me:  Willie the Wildcat (KSU's mascot) showed up.  And I did the Wabash with him.  SO.  FREAKING.  COOL.  The bride and some of the bridesmaids were KSU cheerleaders, so they did a little dance to the Wabash.  He even signed the guest book.  I was just giddy with excitement.



The events really got started with a traditional wedding march.  Maybe it's a central Kansas thing becuse Matt hadn't ever heard of it and I'd done it at about every wedding I went to growing up.


Of course there was the bouquet and garter toss.  I avoided getting out there for the bouquet this time. 


At the end of the night, the bride let us take home the flowers that were the centerpieces.  They were just gorgeous and I couldn't pass them up.  Matt, however, was not near as excited about holding them as I was, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment