Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

I had to work on Christmas Eve, but we got off early, so it wasn't too bad.  Check out the parking lot, though.  A whole three cars.  No joke.


My mom and I went to the candlelight Christmas Eve service at COR with Tony, Christa, and Hunter.  (Jason and Kelli were with her side of the family,and Allie and Brody were at their dads this year.)

 
I got Hunter's outfit for him last year in hopes it would fit him this year!  I lucked out!


Of course we couldn't go in without a few Christmas Eve pictuers!  
And everyone wanted their picture with the cutest little 2 year old around...

 

 

 

The service itself was really great.  The pastor their just really has a way with words and getting his message across.  And then when we all lit our candles and sang Silent Night, it was so beautiful I got goose bumps!


 

(I tried to get a video once the light came to our row...and I thought I was recording.  But when I went back to watch it, I had hit stop instead of start, so I only got a few seconds of it!  Oops!)

 

 


Right after the service, we went to Nick & Jake's for dinner.  Thank goodness we had reservations, because that place was packed.  

Poor Hunter - who didn't have much a of a nap that day - just couldn't do it any more.  After playing peek-a-boo in the car to try and keep him awake, he crashed in the 5 minutes it took us to drive to the restaurant, and we could NOT wake up him for anything!  

I took full advantage of him being asleep and did some coloring. :)



My connect the dots masterpiece.  (I also colored a train and a snowman.)

I can't believe I forgot to take any pictures of the food!  Could of had something to do with the fact that I was starving from not eating much for lunch that day and had devoured my entree in about 3 minutes...

I had salmon and it was delicious.  Christa had some sort of filet and lobster tail, Tony had  burger, and mom had jambalaya.  AND we ordered two desserts to share.  I thought I was going to be sick from eating so much sugar.

Worth it though.  The desserts were legit!  And a perfect way to end our Christmas Eve together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment