Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Leaving Beijing!

Well it's hard to believe that I have been living in Beijing for so long now!  Over 10 weeks now?!  Is that right?  I know it's been forever since I sent an update, but nothing too exciting has been going on.  I returned from Langawki, Malaysia after an amazing week on the beach, and it has been work work work ever since.  Turns out living with your boss requires working 24/7!  I'm not complaining though - I have learned a lot the past couple of weeks and have caught up on a lot of projects I've needed to complete.  One cool thing we did do:  took an overnight train to the ancient capital of China, Xi'an, to see the terracotta warriors.  It was pretty cool - if you get bored you should google it and see what it's all about.  A lot of history in that city! I've done a little bit of shopping, too.  My big purchase was two pairs of UGG boots for RMB 300 (about $43 USD)!
 
SO - since I've been working so hard - I've decided it is time for another vacation!!  I leave in the morning for another crazy trip!  I will be in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for the weekend.  Just hanging out and sight-seeing I guess.  Nothing big planned except to see the beaches and the man-made palm island and the camel races.  Then I am off to Nairobi, Kenya for a 4 day safari!!  I am SO SO SO excited for this!  I've always wanted to go to Africa - especially on a safari - so I hope it all goes well.  I booked a 'budget' safari which means I will be camping in the national parks...should be interesting.  I know Kenya isn't the safest place for an American to be right now, but I'm going anyways!  After that, I am going to Cairo, Egypt to see the pyramids and whatever else there is to see there.  THEN - the plan is to come back to the great U S of A!  I can't wait to get home and catch some FOOTBALL games!!  I'll be back in Tahoe for the rest of October catching up on work back there, and then will be in Kansas City for November, and then probably back over here to China at some point after that.


I better get to packing - flight is in 10 hours and I need to get some sleep!  I just wanted to fill everyone in on what I am up to...    Wish me luck in Nairobi...I didn't get the recommended vaccinations AND I wasn't able to get malaria pills over here either...so hopefully I don't get eaten alive while camping! :)  I'll send pictures as soon as I get a chance...

-TK

No comments:

Post a Comment