Tuesday, October 21, 2008

African Safari - Day 2

Well there's no "sleeping in" in this place! 

I slept pretty good last night - considering all the weird animal sounds, and the fact that it got pretty cool (temperature wise).  I heard laughing hyeenas (for real, it sounds JUST like a man laughing!) and a herd of elephants very near.  Did I mention that I didn't bring a sleeping bag, pillow, or blanket for this little camping excursion?  I thought they would provide them for me, they don't -- only a TENT.  Thank goodness my guide let me use his sleeping bag, and all my clothes are serving as my pillow!


No running water here either.  There is a little well / pump, but it is dry.  It usually is I guess.  I just know I'm going to get some dreaded eye disease from taking my conctacts in and out every night without washing my hands -- ever. :)


ANYways, it is 6am - first sign of daybreak - and I've never heard so many birds in my life. There are tons of monkeys chattering in the trees above my tent...I mean like three feet from my tent...and even some ON my tent (I have peanut butter in here which I guess is a no-no) - I've got to get up and take pictures of this, haha! CRAZY!! I think they're cute - my guide HATES them and says they are a pain in the butt!


















I still can't believe I'm CAMPING in AFRICA with WILD ANIMALS!! :) I don't think I've stopped smiling since I got here!  This place is just so amazing... 

We are off for another 'game drive' this morning - just driving around to see what we can see!  Hopefully something exciting! :)  THEN I am walking to the local Maasai village with the Chief's son, I can't pronounce his name so he said to call him "John," haha! :) 


-TK


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment