Monday, June 23, 2014

June - Week 3

Well, this week was not nearly as exciting as the last couple of weeks, but here are the few, random pictures anyways!

Monday, June 16:

I am most definitely NOT crafty or creative in any sense of the word, but when I saw this 4th of July wreath on Facebook, I really thought it looked do-able for me.  We'll see if I ever actually get around to it or not, but spray painting some clothes pins and clipping them on a wire wreath hanger doesn't sound too hard!


Still on the hunt for new art work above my bed and came across this.  I like it - the colors and the saying.  It was too small to make the cut, but it is a good little reminder to not forget how blessed I really am -- even if there are a million things I want and a million and one places I want to go! 



 Tuesday, June 17th:

With a baby on the move now, Jason and Kelli needed baby gates.  So I went down, measured, found some  cheap ones online, drove to Target to get them, and installed them all in one evening.   



I thought I got two of the same gates - just one bigger - but apparently didn't look closely enough.  One is self closing and one is not, so they're a little different, but I don't think they look bad side by side. 


Wednesday, June 18th:

Planning for an upcoming trip to Tahoe!  Not that I need to "plan" because I know we'll just be on the boat the whole time, but I was so excited about this "Star Tour" -- until I looked it up online and saw that they just put you in the parking lot  at Northstar.  I would have been much more apt to check it out if it were somewhere more outdoorsy or cool.  But a parking lot?  Pass.


I stopped by Burlington Coat Factory - I don't even remember what I was looking for - but I happened to see a worker unloading a cart full of shoes.  Shoes from the Sak!  I had just bought some of these a couple of months ago and ended up sending them back because they didn't fit right, but I couldn't pass up these $59 shoes for $9.99!!  Fifty dollars off was too good of a deal to walk away from.  I just got size up so they were wide enough and put a little heel insert in and they fit! 




Thursday, June 19th:

Two very random and not important whatsoever pictures:

A spider web with a big spider on it in my backyard.  It's deceiving.  It doesn't look that big here, but it was huge!


And this watch.  (Never mind that it's mens.)  I love Nixon and I really love the multi-colored marbelized band.  But checking tides for surfing?  Not so much in Kansas.  I contemplated getting it anyways, but for $200, decided against it.  



Friday, June 20th:

I bought some little wooden legs for my book end table purchase last weekend.  Staining them this weekend and hopefully I can try and get it all put together next weekend!  (Now to find a spot for it...)



Oh, and bed update -- this is going to work for now.  Dark red bed skirt and matching euro pillows.  I love my purple sheets too much to change them out, so they're staying, too. 



 Saturday, June 21st:

To celebrate Summer Solstice, my friend Rachel and I went to a free two hour yoga class on the Plaza.  Two hours of yoga is A LOT.  Especially for someone who has only done yoga three times.  So we didn't quite last the whole time, but it was a good little workout and a beautiful morning to get out and enjoy!



Later that morning, I got a wild hair and decided to re stain my deck.  It started out as just touching up some really bad spots...and turned in to me literally spending the entire day on my hands and knees painting.



And when you're outside all day and only have on SPF 15, your back looks like this when you're done: 


It actually looks way worse than it is.  I was super hot and I always get really red initially.  The tops of my shoulders were still burnt, but the rest really wasn't so bad the next day.


 Sunday, June 22nd:


Sunday morning after church I drove back down to Athleta on the plaza for another free workout class put on by Burn Fitness!


(I'm in the front row - right behind the instructor doing a side plank.)

Later that afternoon, I went straight back to the deck -- this time in long sleeves and a hat.  I'm done with the sun for a couple of days.  Thankfully I didn't have too much left to finish, because it was H O T.

Only have 8 boards left in the middle!
Since I can't sit still, as soon as I was done with the deck, I had my roommate help me drag the picnic table around to the driveway to start sanding on it.  It has to match the deck now, of course!


I took a little break from all of that and went down to help Jason with the kids while Kelli went to work out.  

Who needs a swimming pool pass when you've got this in your back yard!?





Hudson crawled right out of the pool and in to the grass.  He loves the grass for some reason!


When we came inside and got dried off, Hadley decided her barbies needed to go to church.  

The whole ordeal was just hilarious.  Jason had to be the "preacher" and he sang songs and said prayers and everything!


Sunday night, my mom started sending out baby pictures of all of us kids via group text.  She must have been cleaning out drawers at home or something and came across all of these.

Man, I was NOT a cute kid!






I was supposed to have my first meeting with a new book club, but it got rained out.  Probably a good thing, because I haven't finished one of the books yet!  I read The Storied Life of AJ Fikry and am not even half way through The Invention of Wings.  Hopefully I can keep up with the next two books and actually get in on the meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment