Friday, March 20, 2015

A F R I C A

South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Kenya, Uganda ... Here I come!!

I leave today on the 2nd longest flight in the world -- a nice little 16.5 hour jaunt down to Johannesburg, South Africa.

Then off to Livingstone, Zambia to see Victoria Falls from that side.

One day safari to Chobe National Park in Botswana the following day.

Viewing Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side the next day.

(There is some debate as to which country has the better view, so of COURSE I've got to see it from both sides to judge for myself.  I'll report back with my opinion next week...)

Red-eye through Kenya to get me to Uganda (hey, can't beat a cheap flight AND no lodging expenses for one night!)

Then 6 days in Uganda.

Can't wait to see my girls again and visit some of the same schools I did on my last trip.

The real reason for this trip:  passing out mosquito nets in the Kyangwali refugee camp on Palm Sunday.

Pretty cool experience to get to be a part of and definitely what I'm looking forward to most.

I'm flying solo for the majority of the trip, but the director of ThinkHumanity (the non-profit I have previously volunteered with) will be meeting me in Uganda for the last couple of days.

Prayers, well-wishes, and/or positive vibes gladly accepted for this trip -- since I just found out two days ago I have a stress fracture in my foot.


I think I could have some fun with this hashtag on this trip:   #TheBootInAfrica

No comments:

Post a Comment