Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September iPhone Pics

  • I've been getting back in to working out this month.  I've been lazy for far too long.  Plus, Shannon has almost convinced me to do the Santa Barbara 1/2 Marathon with her in November.  So I better get on it!




  •  Hunter has been loving the fact that we are living in a hotel...and now have a pool for him to swim in every week!



  •  A friend sent this to me on Facebook.  It's so true...



  •  This giant dumpster has been in my mom's driveway since the fire.  And every day they come over and throw more of our stuff in it.  You can't really tell, but there are two flat screens in there, along with some couches and chairs.  



  • Speaking of the house, I took a few pictures.  We met with the contractor and learned the entire house is going down to studs.  EVERYthing is coming out.  New house for the win!

I know it doesn't look that bad, but those are stains on the walls, and the smoke smell is jut impossible to get ride of!



  • I went over to Tony and Christa's one evening, and poor Hunter man was sick with a fever. :(


 Since he was sick, he got what he wanted for dinner:  pancakes.    But not just any pancakes.  These were paleo pancakes.  Who knew there was even such a thing!




  •  Hadley and I did another Kiwi Crate -- she had been hiding one from the winter!  This time we made a basketball goal/net.


  •  Just a nice Kansas sunset.


  •  Hotel living at it's finest.  Can't even get in bed for all the clothes!



  •  The new Apple software created a new album called "Selfies" on my phone.  Clearly, Scott and I take way too many.


  •  I'm still working on the itinerary for a friend who is in Europe.  The first part is underway, but the second part is still a work in progress.


  •  There was a freak rain storm in the middle of the week, and even some tornado damage!  Not common for this time of year.



  • I helped Jason and Kelli stain there deck one weekend.  Hadley really wanted to help.  Dad said no, Mom said later, and Aunt Terri said SURE!  She painted all of one board and decided that wasn't all it was cracked up to be and left.



Finished product:



  •  We finally moved out of the hotel and in to a (crappy) rental house.  This was the email I sent to the property management people on day 2.  They clearly have some work to do. 




  •  September might be my favorite month for this reason:


  • While living in the hotel kind of sucked (it got old fast), I can't complain about this!
GOLD STATUS with Hilton Honors Rewards program!

  •  One of my least favorite things to do is go to the dentist.  Espeically when they are filling three cavities.  I put my headphones on and listened to music, but it still sucked.  I thought I would try and take a selfie while they were in there drilling, and this is what I got.  Guess I forgot to turn the camera around. 

  • Hadley got a surprise early birthday present ... in the form of a CAT!  She named it Heidi because "it likes to hide a lot."  She also calls it Hidesters and promised to love it forever.  So sweet.  (PS - It's a boy, and she only likes girls.)

My official last day of work was September 30th! One of the girls I work with brought in the best banana pudding I've ever had as a little send off treat. It didn't last long....



No comments:

Post a Comment