Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 1 of Unemployment

I decided yesterday it would be fun to chronicle this unemployed life I'm living now with a picture every day. That will probably last all of ... two days, that's my best guess. ;) But here goes...

It started out like any other day, with a 4:50am alarm to workout. Not going to lie, I definitely debated just sleeping in since I didn't really have any reason to get up. But it's one thing to be unemployed. It's another to be lazy and out of shape AND unemployed. So off to the gym I went. 

But this morning I got to hang around after class and talk instead of rushing home to shower and get ready for work. And I liked it. 

I drove slowly home and sang to the songs on the radio, not stressed about the day or making an internal list of the 33 things I had to get done today. I liked that too. 

No jumping in the shower. I did some laundry, cleaned up my room, ate scrambled eggs... Okay I did eventually shower, and my mom still made me a green smoothie, but I had to ask her to! She thought maybe I would make my own for once. That's not happening. ;)

Anyways, I ran some errands around town, got some lunch, and finished packing. I mean, of course I wasn't going to waste any time sitting around at home with nothing to do! 

Off to the airport we went.

 KC --> Phoenix --> Reno/Tahoe

Once in Tahoe, the plan was to bike the Flume Trail at night, which would have been a pretty sweet day 1 of being unemployed, but the rain put an end to that. 


However, an equally sweet first day was getting picked up at the airport by Scott, and NOT having a return flight looming in the near future.  :)

We went out for drinks at Campo in Reno with a friend of his, then moved to another spot for dinner. (I can't believe I didn't take one picture!)

For now, the tentative and very subject to change plan is to drive back to the Midwest next week. Sometime. We have to be in Illinois for a wedding reception next weekend, and will swing through KC at some point,  too. Other than that, all plans are up in the air! And if you know me, you know that doesn't sit well. I'm a planner. And like to have every detail planned out...

So, since we will have so much wonderful together time in the car next week, that's hopefully what we will be doing. Making some travel plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment