Saturday, October 31, 2015

Week 2 at Home

This week was my second full week of being at home...and unemployed.  I think I'm actually getting used to not having a job to go to every day.


The 5am workout after a late night at Annie's wedding was rough, but I made it.  Thank goodness it wasn't too hard of a class. 

    ^Sweat Studio at 5am

I came home and showered and went straight to my 7am dentist appointment.  Just what everyone wants to do on a Monday morning, right?  Ugh.  I am not a fan of the dentist -- at all -- but this was just a bite adjustment from the cavities (yea, plural) I had filled a few weeks ago, so it was quick and painless.  By 7:15, I already had my workout and appointment done for the day.  I was feeling pretty good. :)

Angie got up around 8, and after her coffee, we set off to meet her sister in Lee's Summit -- about half-way between my house and hers.  The plan was for whoever got there first to just find someplace to meet.  Angie and I decided to check out Main Street, and were so happy when we stumbled upon this little juice bar -- Ello Juice and Smoothie Bar!

We had smoothies and sat around and talked for quite awhile before I came back to the city. I ran some errands ... and shopped.  More.  Again.  Ha - shopping problem?  I think so.  And it's an even bigger problem because of this whole no paycheck thing!  Most of it will be reimbursed by insurance from the fire, so it's really not a big deal.  Plus I found another dress!  It's on the maybe list for now.   Back up options are good.

{I was at the mall returning one of the other dresses that came in the mail that I didn't like when I found this one.}

Allie had another basketball game that afternoon, so that's where I was from 3:30 to 6 (A team and B team games).  They lost in over-time, but Allie played really well and it was so fun to watch!  Her brothers, however, were not quite as in to it as I was.  

Beef/liver/bacon burgers at their house after the game, and then home for bed.  Another full day!


5am workout + 1 hour nap.  That's the way to go.  I  eventually showered, made some breakfast (oatmeal) and got moving just in time for Kelli to come over with the kids.  Hadley had to get two shots today -- both legs -- and let's just say she didn't enjoy it.  Gram and I served as a slight distraction from the pain.  Poor thing still had tears in her eyes and was barely walking. (She may be slightly dramatic.)

It was a rainy, gloomy day in Kansas City, so once they left, I dropped my iPad off to get the screen replaced, and went to the movies.  Sicario for $4 was SO much better than The Walk for $9!

From there, it was back to Olathe for another basketball game of Allie's.  The girls are getting better each game, and they won tonight!  Hunter, however, was still equally UNimpressed with the action.

The first game of the World Series was that night, so of course I had to watch -- fan or not.  And the very first pitch of the game was an in the park home run for the Royals!  That never happens!

I lasted until 11pm - bottom of the 11th inning - before cashing.  Electric crowd, tie game, extra innings and all.  I just couldn't keep my eyes open. (Royals won 5 - 4 in 14 innings!)


Early workout came way too early after the late night. Dang Royals! And no time for a nap. I showered and drove back to the Ello Juice & Smoothie bar in Lees Summit to pick up Angie again. 

We got smoothies, but the owner wasn't working - it was some other girl - and they weren't near as good. Neither one of us could even finish them, in fact.  They were too thick.  So disappointing!

There really wasn't too much time before her flight, so we decided to just head out towards the airport.  Of ourse I drove way too fast, so it didn't take us long to get there.  A little stop at Starbucks was the perfect way to kill some time before I dropped her off at KCI.

No shocker here, but I made a couple of stops to shop on the way home.  K-Mart, where I found a white mesh tank top on the clearance rack to work out in tomorrow morning (more on that tomorrow), and then JC Penneys to get some workout pants - and a super cute Royals sweatshirt!  I'm all about cheap.  And sales. 

Got a call that my iPad was done, so ran down to pick that up.  Swung by the old house to get the mail  -- and my dresses came!  I think I found the winner.

The pitures don't do it justice at all.  It's pink with gold flecks, super comfy, fits well.  That's all that matters.  Search over.  All the others are going back.

I laid down for about an hour to try and get a quik nap in, but had to be over at Jason and Kelli's house at 4 so they could go to the World Series Game 2!

Their basement is one giant play room, now complete with drums, a keyboard, and a microphone!  Naturally, that's where we hung out and played while my mom made us dinner:  mac 'n cheese and baked beans.  Hey, whatever the kids will eat, right?

I had some coupons for a free "bundlette" from Nothing Bundt Cakes off 135th & Metcalf, so that little trip served as a time killer and dessert.  The kids were so wound up by the time I managed to get all three buckled in that I just put a movie on to shut them up.  I don't know how parents did it before technology... ;)

Anyways, back to the bundt cakes.  Seriously.  The best things I've ever had.  They delivered some to my company (back when I had a job) as free samples and they were gone so fast.  They're the perfect leel of sweetness, and oh so moist.  I think I could make myself sick off those things.  Thankfully the kids had a little more self restraint and actually stopped eating them when they were full.

We dropped Hunter off after that, and then took the other two back to their house to wind down and get ready for bed.  I was so shot by that point (and my mom had it under control), so I went home to try and watch a little of the game.  I made it until about 9pm.  5th or 6th inning, I think, before falling asleep.  I can't do two late nights in a row!

{Royals won in 9 innings.}


I was so excited for my workout class this morning that I think I woke up before my alarm even went off.  And that's saying something considering my alarm is set for 4:50am.  It was a blak light workout!  

Its funny how much more confidence you have working out when you can't see yourself!  The glowing was just SO fun.  I voted to do that every morning, but I think it got shot down.  I don't think every one else was as pumped as I was about it all.  But come on.  Who doesn't want to glow a little while working out!?

I had to hurry up and get home and cleaned up because the rest of the day was spent with Hunter for his birthday!  

{He gets a separate post for his special day!}


I was pretty bad about taking pictures today...

I got up for the early morning workout -- and then ate half of a pumpkin pie while I read emails and caught up on the morning news.  

   ^ I could easily eat an entire pumpkine pie a day for the entire month, so I try to limit them to only the month of Noember!

Ran a few errands around town, and then my mom and I drove out to Grain Valley, MO, to pick up some of our items from a warehouse that were cleaned after the fire.  We were mainly interested in winter clothes, considering we have none and it's about to get cold out.

We loaded up my SUV to the top - literally - while we were there.  5 boxes of shoes, and piles and piles of clothes.  And that didn't even make a dent in the stuff we left there!  

Needless to say, a good portion of the afternoon was spent sorting through shoes and clothes and doing laundry.  Even though they cleaned all of it in an ozone chamber, the clothes still have a funky smell to them and need to be washed and hung outside to air out.  

It was a cool and rainy day in KC, but I still managed to sneak outside and find some beauty:
   ^ Midwest is best.  And October is my favorite.

Inspired by Panera, my mom attempted to make some lentil soup for dinner.  It was good and healthy, and that's all that really matters.  But sorry mom - it's a far cry from anything on Panera's menu! 

That night, my good friend from high school, Lacy, had a little get-together at Top Golf to celebrate her birthday.  (She has the same birthday as Hunter!)  I hadn't ever been there before, but it was pretty cool, even for a non-golfer like myself.

   ^ Driving range was out in front of us.

It was an actual driving range (outside, but under a cover) with a bar and tv's.  Worked out pefect for us to sit around and cath up while wathing the Royals (lose) on tv.  The golf provided plenty of good entertainent since the Royals were looking a little rough.

   ^ Lacy's got quite the swing!


Halloween was one big party, so it's on a separate post.  It would have been photo overload and too long to add on to this weekly recap.


I did a whole lot of organizing and taking pictures and returning items today for insurance.  Well, after I went to church with Jason and Kelli and the kids.

   ^ A little fall fun in the leaves after church.

THEN it was nothing but running around town.  I have been re-buying items that were lost in the fire, and then returning some of them.  In all the shopping that I did last week, I had a lot of picture taking and documenting to do, and I wanted to get it done before I leave town on Tuesday.  So none of the pictures on my phone from today are even worth putting up here.  I mean, who wants to see a picture of what I bought at Target? 

I got a little FaceTime in with Scott while he was working on the van that afternoon.  I'm sorry, but it's so hard to take him serious in those safety goggles!

Sunday night was game 5 of the World Series.  The Royals needed to win to finish it off and "Take the Crown."  I set up shop on the couch to watch.

It wasn't looking good when it was 0 - 2 Mets in the bottom of the 8th.  So I went to bed, with the game still on the tv in my room.  Unfortunately, I fell asleep...and only woke up to the sound of fireworks going off outside an hour or so later.  Somehow, the Royals managed to come back and win 7 - 2 in extra innings -- and I slept through it!  Ugh.  I was so mad at myself when I woke up and checked my phone and heard all the partying outside.  I'm not that big of a baseball fan, but it still would have been fun to stay up and watch that!

   ^ Power and Light when the Royals won.

Kansas City looked like a war-zone on satellite radar with all the fireworks exploding.  And even though I didn't mange to stay awake to witness it live, I'm so happy I was able to be here in KC this week for all the excitement!

I'm off for some more fun adventures next week, so maybe the blog will get a little more interesting then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment