Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back in Hong Kong

(This one will be shorter...I promise)

After a late night at the office on Friday, I got up and did it all over again.  Came in to the office Saturday morning and was here pretty much all day.  I walked across the street for some McDonalds for lunch (chicken mcnuggets and an ice cream sundae) and worked until around 7 or 8pm.  Went out on the town to find some dinner...on my own...which isn't easy.  I walked around for quite awhile...looking in little shops and street vendors (bought a pair of jeans and capris for around $11).  I finally found a tiny little restaurant that had a picture menu and went it.  I pointed to some white rice, and to something that looked like beef and vegetables and sat down.  Not exactly sure what it was, but I ate it with my little chop-sticks (I'm NEVER eating with chop sticks again after this trip) and tried to choke down some tea.  There is pretty much NO water over here.  EVERYONE just drinks tea.   You know how when you sit down at a restaurant in the states, they bring you water?  Well it's the same over here...jus hot tea.  One time I asked for water...and they brought me HOT water in a tea pot.  So then I asked for ice...and they brought me a wine glass full of ice...so funny...they just don't get it...

After I ate, I walked around some more and went back to my hotel for the night.  Got up early on Sunday, ate breakfast (same thing every day in the cafe at my hotel) and, you guessed it, came back to the office.  I found the K-State vs Colorado game online and listened to that as I worked on planning out my itinerary for trip to Vietnam and Thailand.  Once the game was over (THEY WON!!), I went out on the town again in search of some lunch.  I walked to a new area, and couldn't find anything that looked edible, so I went back to the same little cafe I went the first morning I got here...at least they spoke English and had good food.  Got a fruit smoothy and a good 'ole ham and cheese sandwich!  Kept on walking after that and ended up at Victoria Park, a beautiful Park right across the street from the boats/bay.  To my surprise, it was FLOODED with Asian women.  I couldn't figure out what was going on...I mean literally it was THOUSANDS of women...no men or children.  Nothing really clicked...I just kept walking around and taking pictures.  Then  it all hit me at once...when one girl smiled really big at me and said "hello" and I started looking around and saw three or four 'couples' in a row holding hands or with there arms around each other, etc. ... I was at some sort of ridiculously large lesbain festival.  NOT joking.  I snapped a coule pictures but they just don't do it justice.  There were seriously thousands (not hudreds) of girls all over this park...just lining the walkways and grassy areas.  I still don't know what exactly it was, but it was obviously a HUGE event.  Haha...how lucky of me to stumble upon THAT!  ;)





So I decided it would be best if I got out of there, and kept walking the streets of Hong Kong.  Somehow I managed to find my way back to my hotel and decided to lay down for 15 minutes...hmmm...woke up two hours later.  Walked to a different area around Times Square once I got up and bought some cute dress shoes for $6...I only brought my black ones and need some beige ones for a couple of my outfits for next week. :)

Came back up to the office after I got tired of walking around, and started working on my itinerary again.  I just found out that the infamous "Full Moon Party" on Ko Phangan just happens to be on the Friday that I am in Thailand.  So of course I changed everything around so I could go there for that...and of course since I'm so late in booking things, all the flights from Phuket are full.  I booked a flight to a neighboring island and am planning on taking an overnight ferry to Ko Samui ... long story short, it's not going to easy or fun to get there, but hopefully it will be worth it to see the biggest party in Thailand!!

So that's it...much shorter than last time!  It's almost 9pm here so I'm going to try and find some food again (yeah, right) and head back to my hotel for the night.  My boss arrives tomorrow morning and Amy and I am going to look at all the apartments again with him in the afternoon.  This week will probably be pretty uneventful with him here (I will be attending lots of business meetings with him and other co-workers) but then it's off to Vietnam for some FUN on Friday!!  :)

-TK

No comments:

Post a Comment