Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Still in Hong Kong...

First, I have to start with a correction to what I honestly thought was the 'lesbian festival' on Sunday.  Amy informed me that that is where ALL of the maids in Hong Kong go on Sunday.  Everyone here has a maid, and they get one day off - Sunday.  So they ALL go to the park and eat/hang out/whatever.  She said they are all "just very friendly" - and that it's not uncommon for them to hold hands and be very affectionate.  I still kind of think otherwise, but whatever...apparently they were all just maids.  But it made for an interesting story, right??  Haha...sorry to disappoint all the guys who thought that was just great!!  ;)

SO - anyways - I found some food Sunday night.  A menu that had ENGLISH on it, too.  So I ordered sweet and sour pork and it was REALLY good.  They must have known how sick of eating with chopsticks I am...they brought me a FORK!  I was SO excited. 


Got up early on Monday and went to meet my boss at his AMAZING hotel -- just a small step up from my Holiday Inn Express!  Our driver wasn't scheduled to show up until 9am, but that wasn't early enough for my boss.  He wanted a car NOW -- which was 7:45am.  So I got a car from the hotel and we set off to look at schools and apartments.  (At least we didn't have to deal with that TERRIBLE driver who honestly didn't even know how to drive a car!)  He is planning on moving his family over here next August for a year - and I go where he goes...so we found some nice smaller apartments where I could stay, too.  All in the really nice part of HK of course (Repulse Bay)! :)


After that, we had some meetings and a very uneventful day.  Got to bed at a decent time for once and got up early this morning (Tuesday) to head back to his hotel for more meetings all morning.  Back to the office this afternoon to catch up on some work and am still here.  Amy and I are going to get a traditional Chinese foot/leg massage tonight and then going out for some sushi.  I've been dreading this night (the food) since I got here...I am NOT a fan of raw fish AT ALL, but promised Amy I would go with her to a sushi bar once while I was here...we'll see how it goes...there's a good chance I'm going to throw up tonight! ;)


Had a change of plans:  I was supposed to leave on my vacation to Hanoi, Vietnam on Friday afternoon.  But after one of our meetings today, it was decided that I would fly to Shanghai to meet with them again and see there office on Friday.  But of course all of the flights out of HK are booked for Friday morning so I have to fly out late Thursday night.  Can't wait for another night time traveling experience in a big crazy city in China by myself...sure it will be a GREAT time again.  Hopefully I can get all of those stupid forms filled out at the airport right the first time...


I'm planning on flying back to HK Friday night and hopefully catching the first flight Saturday morning to Hanoi.  Ruins my whole plan for that day, as I was planning on taking a day cruise to Halong Bay, but oh well.  I think I can just go on Sunday instead. 


So that's all for now...nothing too exciting.  I'm sure I'll have some good stories from Shanghai though!  I'll try and stay out of the dark allies with guys I don't know...haha...


-TK

No comments:

Post a Comment