Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HOME SAFE!

Well I made it -- arrived back in KC late last night...


I survived 9 days alone in Southeast Asia -- no makeup, no hair dryer, no razor (yeah, it ws gross), no purses or heels...just me and a backpack...and two amazing countries.  SO much fun! :)


All in all, it was a completely amazing trip.  The flight back, however, wasn't so amazing.  I developed a severe bladder infection the last night in Bangkok - I THINK from drinking contaminated water at a restaurant (thought I was being careful...guess not).  Actually - now that I think about it - it kind of felt like I was starting to get one on the islands, but it went away.  Anyways, I thought I would just deal with it when I got back here to KC, I mean it's not like I could find a doctor who spoke English and would give me something for it over here.  But by the time I landed in LA, I was peeing straight blood...LONGEST. FLIGHT. EVER.  And to make matters worse, I was by the window, so I had to literally climb over (like stepping on the arm rests over them) two sleeping Asian guys like every 20 minutes to go to the bathroom.  It was just awful.  Hands down the most pain I think I've ever felt in my life. I thought I had cancer and was dying, just stood there crying while waiting in the LONG line to get back in to the US.  Needless to say, I spent my first night in the US in an ER in a hospital in LA...good times.

After the ER ordeal (and a shot in my BUTT!), my driver drove me from LA to my boss' house in Palm Springs (about 2 hours away).  THEN I had to turn around and drive to Tahoe (9 hours) yesterday.  The drive was beautiful, but not exactly what I had in mind for my first day back in the states!





Pretty much as soon as I got back to Tahoe, I went stragiht to Reno to ANOTHER airport and flew with my boss' two oldest kids (4 and 5) here to KC late last night.  What a day! 


Anyways - I am home safe, feeling better, and trying to get back in to the swing of work!  JET LAG is no fun, but totally worth it for the awesome experiences! :)


-TK

No comments:

Post a Comment