Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap: Folly Beach Wedding

Quick (less than 48 hour) trip to Charleston and Folly Beach for a wedding:

It came out in the news the day I left that another person had been diagnosed with ebola...and she had recently been on an airplane.  That prompted some nice gifts from my co-workers (face mask, hand sanitizer, etc) so I didn't bring it back to the office with me after my travels.

Turns out wearing a mask on an airplane is a sure way to get the whole row to yourself.  Not one person would sit next to me, haha!

I slept almost the whole way (laying down, since I had the row to myself!) and woke up to this gorgeous view out my window:

Once I landed and picked up the rental car, I took off for Folly Beach to meet up with these two crazies...who I literally saw on the street as I was driving to the hotel.

Parked the car and went straight in to a bar with them. 

A bar full of dudes, that is.  So many, in fact, that we actually thought we were at a gay bar!

Really, dude?  I'm pretty sure my arms are bigger than yours...

We had way too much fun dancing before calling it a night a little after midnight.  It was like the old college days, haha.


We purposely left the curtains open in our hotel room, which was ON the beach, so I would wake up to see the sunrise.  It didn't disappoint:

I couldn't go back to sleep after that, so I got up and went for a 4 mile jog along the ocean

After breakfast, Laura and I shopped...and shopped and shopped.

There was a street fair kind of thing going on (Follypalooza) with live music, and since it's the end of the beach season, almost everything was 50% off!

Ended up with a sweet new Nixon watch (I can't help myself when it comes to Nixons), a dress, a shirt, some cool shoes, a Christmas ornament...all kinds of good stuff!

Also?  Found all kinds of NOT good stuff...

Went back to the hotel to clean up and get ready for the 1pm wedding.

Learned a very important lesson:  always check the hotel iron and make sure it's clean before you iron your dress.

(Thank goodness I brought a backup!)

After a little confusion as to the address of the wedding (Kelsey sent us the address where she was staying, not the address of the wedding), we made it to the spot just on time -- thanks to me flying down a one-way going the wrong direction.

Laura and I waiting for the ceremony to start
The location for the wedding:

Kelsey's dad walked her down, they said some vows, exchanged the rings, and sealed the deal with a kiss!


My best friend...since the age of about 3 months old

After the ceremony, we hung out at the house, drank beer, ate barbeque...

...and watched football. :)

K-State upset OU with a 31 - 30 victory!

Pictures were postponed until after the game was over. 
 (Kelsey is a big fan, what can I say.)
Me and the happy couple

The brides beach picture vs my beach picture:
Celebrating the KSU win over OU:

Laura and I eventually went back to the hotel for a nap.  Set the alarm just in time to catch a pretty sweet sunset from our balcony!

I wore my new dress out that night, and got a hilarious response from my sister-in-law:

Hit up some bars and again had WAY too much fun dancing the night away.  

Sunday morning:  

Did another 4 miles on the beach, showered, and found a church to go to.

Followed that up with a little historical tour of Charleston (couldn't drag myself to go to one of the plantaions), and an off-the-beaten-path adventure in the swamps.  Because, why not? 

Headed back to the airport that evening for my typical Sunday night:

No comments:

Post a Comment