Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 2 *UPDATE*

A few more things...since it’s raining here and we don’t want to go to bed yet! ;)

We booked our boat trip for tomorrow!  I am SOO excited to get out on some water!  This like is amazing and we are going to stop at several villages around it...I don’t remember the names of them, but it is a full day, should be lots of fun!  We have to catch the last bus back to Antigua that leaves here at 4pm.  Three more hours of fun on a bus!!  Just can't wait! ;)

Some other random things:

My legs are super sore. Well, really my calves just sting, the rest isn’t so bad. And I feel like I’ve been walking all day, although I know I’ve spent plenty of time sitting in buses!  That hike for the volcano was really hard!

I have learned I have developed an extreme tolerance for, well, just about anything I think!  Haha...  I’ve been brushing my teeth with the tap water here, which I was warned against, but I’m too tight to buy bottled water just to spit out!  I haven’t actually drank any tap water, only bottled after my experience in Thailand.  The shower head I’m pretty sure just pours out straight ice cold fungi and bacteria from the looks of it, but it doesn’t really phase me. I walk around bare foot, my feet are black, and I’m okay with it.  Bugs crawling all over, flies on the fruit, I’m all good.  Haha...  ONLY when I travel, I swear.  If I were back in the US and this was happening, I’d be freaking out!

Irene and I have had some great conversations.  She is so much like me but so different at the same time!  We definitely grew up in different countries, that’s for sure.  Norway has free education and free health care and no crime.  Pretty sure I’m moving there. ;)  Okay not really, but I definitely want to go visit her next summer when the sun stays out until 1am.  One of the many ways we are the same is that we can justify anything.  I now call her 'Irene the bag lady' because she has literally bought like 6 bags of different shapes and colors since we’ve been here.  She tried to convince me that it was extremely practical to have bags inside of bags inside of bags!  Haha... gave me a good laugh.  Then she asked me to justify my 27 bracelets and earrings and necklaces I’ve bought today. She’s got me.  Except I will give some away as gifts!!  ¨;)

Alright, I’ll quit boring everyone now.  We’ve been walking around Pana most of the evening; it is a great little town!  Found a nice restaurant and ate again, she eats like 5 times a day, it’s great! ;)

Off to the AWESOME ¨hotel¨ room we have for a good night’s sleep, on the lumpiest pillows I’ve ever felt in my life!! ;)

-TK

No comments:

Post a Comment