Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 9 - Off to Jaco Beach

Well last night was one of the most enjoyable nights I´ve had in a long time!  After we made it back from the long hike to the waterfall, we took a stroll along the beach and watched the sunset.  It was just gorgeous - nothing like sand between your toes and the sound of waves with the beautiful colors of the sun going down over the water...










We finally walked back up the hill to our hostel (called Luna Llena), and Max cooked spaghetti and garlic bread in the shared kitchen there.  We sat out on the porch perched in the rainforest (seriously - IN the rainforest) and listened to the ocean waves crash againt the rocks and beaches.  I LOVE that sound!! :) 





I went to bed pretty early, around 9:30 I think, while the boys went out, AGAIN.  Haha...they´re much bigger partiers than I am!  So I haven´t ever slept in a mosquito net before, but it was kind of cool!  There are a lot of bugs around here since we are so low and close to the water.  We slept with all of the windows open, so it wasn´t the best sleep I´ve ever had, but it was so crazy to lay there and listen to all of the night time forest animals, frogs, insects, whatever else there is out there, making noises all night, WITH the waves in the background!  Nothing like anything I´ve experienced before! :)  Same thing in the morning, there is NO sleeping in when the sun comes up about 5:30 and the monkeys start swinging and chattering and the hundreds of kinds of birds are chirping.  Yea, that´s it, you might as well get up.  Haha...  so I´m up and at a little internet cafe down in the village.  Going to get some breakfast and then hop on a speed boat for an hour ride across the ocean waters to Jaco Beach.  Martin (the guy I met in La Fortuna who is from Texas) is there and is going to take some surf lessons today.  I am going to try and join him! :)  We fly out of San Jose at the same time tomorrow morning so we can just go tother to the airport from Jaco...and he speaks perfect Spanish so that is always nice. :) 


Well I´m off for now, an I don´t know where I´ll be tonight.  So if I don´t write, mom please still come pick me up at the airport tomorow!! :)


TK

No comments:

Post a Comment