Sunday, November 22, 2015

Malibu Wedding {Oak Canyon Ranch}

WEDDING DAY!!  

Shannon's wedding was today, and it was oh-so-spectacular!

The morning started early with hair and makeup gals showing up before 8am.  


You can't really see it, but it says Mrs. in sequins. :)


The girls were no joke and got to work on the bridesmaids.


We were there until 10am, when we moved everything and everybody to the venue to finish getting ready.

This is the picture I sent out to everyone that text Shannon during the week saying, "Hey I lost my invite.  When/where is ...xyz."  Come on people!  Don't text THE BRIDE on her wedding day and ask what time the wedding is.  Ugh.  I took her phone and responded to everyone with "Please see the previously sent invitation for details."  HA! ;)


I was ready first because I didn't get my makeup done and I had my hair done the night before for the rehearsal dinner.  Which turned out to be a good thing because the wedding coordinator didn't have the tables set up right and I had to go out and physically move them to get them where they needed to be.  


I walked around the property to check everything else out, and snapped this selfie with Carson.  We were looking sharp! 


Back in the bridal suite, it was almost time for the "first look" and bride/groom pictures!  





The bridesmaid (Shannon's sisters are in the tan dresses).  Don't we look good!  I mean for all getting random dresses, I think we pulled it together really nicely!



We took a few wedding party pictures before the wedding started, so there wouldn't be as many to take afterwards.



I walked down the aisle with Wembley, and she did, well, okay.  She jumped up on one random person and almost knocked off a bucket of baby's breathe, but I did the best I could!  I had bones for her up front so once we got to our spot she was fine.



The ceremony was short and beautiful, and Shannon cried when she walked in.  I was SO mad at her because then all of us girls started to cry, too!   ;)



Once the ceremony was over, it was straight to the bar.  I don't normally drink, but I decided to have one of the "Bride Drinks" that Shannon picked out for the night. 


My seating chart turned out okay!



People mingled around and talked and drank while the wedding party and family finished up a few pictures.







Carson was practicing his best man speech before dinner.  I just wanted a picture of the head table. ;)



Kelsey, Shannon and I.  We all worked for the same guy in Tahoe back in 2007.


Dinner (and speech) time!



First dance:

(I cut that piece of her dress of with scissors after the dance.)

Raider Don (Shannon's dad) is just hilarious, so of course he did something crazy for the first dance.  He doesn't drink (he wasn't drunk) but he still acted like a mad man and ripped his shirt off and danced to a couple crazy songs.  Hahaha - still makes me laugh to look at these pictures!

(Shannon is covering up her face in this one!)


SO. FUN.
I can honestly say I've never seen a more packed wedding dance floor.  And not just at the beginning. The DJ was so good and kept it going all night.  I mean it was packed the whole time.  It was just too much fun!





The night ended with pretzels and water ice...all the way from Philly!  That's where Ryan is from (and where his family still lives).  Such a cool surprise and fun way to end the night. 


Honestly, the whole event -- the whole night -- was like a magical fairy tale.  The mountains and lanterns in the old, bent trees.  The flowers and food and fun.  The great people.  I was (and am) so honored to get to be part of their special day.  I will remember it always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment