Sunday, December 20, 2015

Brooklyn BUST Holiday Craftacular: Day 2

Sunday morning started off with a bang:  an Uber to my first SoulCycle spin class!

We got to sleep in past 7 -- which was amazing -- and then got a great workout in.  Two of my favorite things!

The people at SoulCycle Williamsburg were so nice and walked us around the studio...and helped me with my clip in shoes.  (Not a fan!)

They even gave us free tank tops for our first visit!

I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous for this, but it was oh-so-fun.  Like, maybe my new favorite.


The instructor was AWESOME.  It was like dancing on a bike at a nightclub.  Kind of.  I don't even know how to describe it but awesome.

I so wish KC had a SoulCycle!!

Ang and I brought our stuff for the day with us, so we just showered and got ready there at SoulCycle, and then walked back to the Brooklyn Expo Center.

We walked by the spot where Angie left her bag the day before, so I made her re-enact it, haha!  (So lucky it was still there.)

Before the market opened, we ran over to the Ugly Sweater photo booth.  After a few outtakes, we got a good one. :)

The market wasn't quite as busy as yesterdays, so I decided to try another arm knitted scarf for Angie.  


That afternoon, I was getting a little bored.  I don't sit well.  So I decided to hop on the subway and head to Manhattan to the Union Square pop up shops to check them out...and buy some more Pook gear!

I was a little nervous about the subway by myself.  I'm a pretty good traveler, but I've never paid attention to the subways in NYC because I'm always with Angie.  I just follow her around.  Lucky for me, the Union Square station was a straight shot from the Bedford station in Brooklyn.  Three stops, and get off.  Too easy.

And when I came up from the subway, the shops were right there.

While the Brooklyn market we were working wasn't exactly hopping...Union Square sure was!  It was so packed you could barely move!

But I found the other Pook booth and got a onesie.  I really went to get a couple more hats, but they were sold out.  Bummer.

(The guys were still hilarious at this booth, but not quite as funny as the guy from Columbus Circle.)

I didn't stay long -- too many people for me!  Hopped on the subway back to Williamsburg and walked back to the Expo Center as the sun started to go down.

I didn't miss much at the Craftacular, but still felt bad for leaving Angie for a couple of hours...

And right at 7pm, we started tearing down the booth.  We were both ready to get out of there -- Angie probably a little more so than me.  That's a lot of work for one weekend!

We loaded up the car -- which was still in the parking lot from yesterday morning -- and drove to Speedy Romeo pizza in Brooklyn.

We lucked out with a parking spot right on the street, and walked about half a block to the non-descript building.

Angie is friends with the owner, Zach Bazdarich, and he also just so happens to be from KC!  I suppose that's why there is a KC Royale pizza on the menu.

We got the Royal (no pun intended) treatment.  The place was packed and they still squeezed us in to a little nook to ourselves.  They brought us a free appetizer ...

...AND dessert!  This was the best (and biggest) smores I've ever seen!  We didn't even come close to finishing it.

It was a pretty short drive back to the apartment, and the onesie immediately went on.  That thing is amazing.

If you know me, you know I'm always cold.  Seriously.  Not taking it off all winter.

It was a pretty successful weekend for Luke an Angie.  Sales were pretty good and we had fun!

Heading back to Boston (and then back to KC) tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment