Monday, December 21, 2015

NYC --> Boston --> KC

Monday morning.  Another early morning.  The alarm went off at 5:30 and we were on the road by 6am.  

I tried to get a picture of how bad the traffic already was, but clearly failed:


Even an hour later, the traffic heading in to the city was still bad!


We didn't stop once and made it back to Angie's house in Boston at 10am.

I just sat down on the couch to "rest my eyes for a minute."  Yeah, an hour and a half later I woke up...

I had wanted to go down to Luke's NorthFace store and shop some, but we were way too short on time by that point.  Sleep always wins in my book.

We still hopped in the car and drove down to Boylston Street.  I got a mini-tour of Boston along the way.




Shortly after sleep, food wins.  So we scratched shopping and ate lunch at Sweetgreen.  It was kind of like a salad version of Chipotle, which I loved.


They had a Harvest salad that was so similar to the one I get at TLoft here in KC -- my favorite!


We only had time for one fun photo on the Boston Marathon Finish Line before heading to the airport.


My flight was a little delayed, but not too bad.


Apparently there was bad weather we had to go around, so the flight took FOR.EVER.

Also, all I wanted to do was sleep, and I even had my onesie to use as a soft pillow.  Small problem:  the woman in front of me wouldn't shut her window shade and the sun was directly in my eyes.

 

So annoying.

So I listened to music for almost 4 hours and watched the sun go down.




Back in KC, the airport was the business I'd ever seen it.  And Southwest couldn't decide which carousel they were going to unload luggage on.  I stood there for almost 40 minutes waiting on my bag!  

(Oh, and I had to check a bag because of my peanut butter I bought at the market..)


It was much colder in KC than it had been in NYC...so the onesie went on!  It was so funny to see everyones reactions and I had a handful of people ask me about where it was from.  

Should have grabbed some business cards from the Pook booth I guess!


We stopped at a few stores on the way home and I wore it in.  Seriously.  It's too funny to watch people look at you.  And I don't even care.  That thing is so warm and cozy, I might not take it off until Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment