Friday, April 15, 2016

Backcountry Ski: Jake's Peak

Woke up to a fresh layer of snow in South Lake!



Nothing like an early morning hike...carrying your skis uphill for two hours just to ski down for two minutes.  Honestly, totally worth it.  The views, no one around, the untouched snow.  It took some convincing, but once I got going, I loved it.  I'm hooked!


















I may have struggled a bit after falling in a tree...and getting stuck.  And instead of helping, Scott thought it would be more entertaining to take pictures.  He almost got in trouble for that, but the pictures were too funny.

 

 

 

 


 


Too cold for me to get out their an stretch.  I'll just sit under my blanket and listen to a podcast, thankyouverymuch.



I drove back to Mountain View the next day to help Shannon with her latest round of audit.  Seriously, the IRS won't leave her alone, haha.  I guess once you get on their radar you are screwed.

 

We all had lunch together and then it was off to the airport for me.  I had to get home to do my moms taxes.  She loves to wait for the very last minute.  As in, the day they are due.

San Fran to Vegas to Kansas City -->-->




Back home in KC late...and woke up early to this little guy crawling in my bed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment