Thursday, April 21, 2016

Road Trip: Hot Springs, AK --> Baton Rouge, LA

Day 2 of the road trip:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana ...

With a  pit stop at Crater of Diamonds State Park. I've heard about the place where you can dig for diamonds.  And sometimes people actually find them!  I was feeling lucky and it wasn't too far out of the way, so I decided to check it out.



I'm not sure what I was thinking or expecting, but that lasted all of 15 seconds.  I didn't even get in the field and said hellllll no.  If you know me, you know I am not the most patient gal around.  There was no way I was going to dig through a giant field of mud - in flip flops and with no tools - just to possibly find a tiny tiny diamond.  Nothankyou.  

Back on the road - an two hard boiled eggs for breakfast...as I drove.  Safe, I know.

 

I got to Baton Rouge late afternoon, and immediately went for a run through LSU campus.  Lots o swamps...and I was pretty sure there was a decent chance of an alligator jumping out and eating me. 








With a ll the rain and planning to be out in the field for Jazz Fest the next day, some new rain boots (from Walmart) were definitely in order.  

I don't remember why I took that selfie, haha, but I'm sure I had good reason at the time!  ;)

 

Ryan's friend, Jason, was in Baton Rouge for work, so we met up for dinner that night.  And then I couch surfed again!  A super nice young couple offered me their roommates room since she was out of town. Worked out great for me!

Baton Rouge sunset.  Not bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment