Monday, April 25, 2016

Road Trip: Destin, FL --> Nashville, TN

I spent a little more time checking out the beaches around Destin, and then hit the road again for Nashville, Tennessee.  Another spot I've never been to!


I did a little googling of the top things to do and see in the area and immediately set out to hit them all in one afternoon.  That's my style. ;)









I even found a band playing in a bar with a KC hat on!  What are the odds!?




I crushed it.  I saw all of Nashville in one afternoon.  Ha, okay, not quite "all" but I saw a lot and most of what I wanted to see.  So...back on the road to try and make it back to Kansas City -- or close.




I made it just through St. Louis before starting to doze off.  Looks like another night of car camping for me!  This time in a Wal-Mart parking lot.  I bought some curtains for the windows to try and block some light.  We'll see how that goes...


_________________________________________________

The next morning, I woke up well rested in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  After going in to return the curtains I bought the night before (they didn't work too well!), I hit the road for home:  Kansas City.  

Windows down, music blasting, perfect morning.  For about an hour.  And then the storm clouds rolled in...


It got pretty nasty out and I even had to pull over!  I never do that.  I usually just blow through it, but my car was actually moving from the wind and the rain was so heavy I honestly couldn't see one foot in front of me.  It made me feel a little better that every single other person was pulled over too.  No one was driving through that one!

Anyways, I made it home mid-morning safe and sound.  Another successful road trip and lots of new cities and states checked off the list!



No comments:

Post a Comment