Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Road Trip: Kansas City --> Hot Springs, Arkansas

My next little adventure:  a road trip down to New Orleans for Jazz Fest!  

First stop:  Hot Springs, Arkansas
















 


 


 


 

Can you see the steam coming off of these natural fountains all through town??


I couch surfed in Hot Springs, and my host was going to a poetry reading that night, so I joined him.   Poetry isn't really my thing, but it's goo to try new stuff out. 


I followed my host out to his house...and out it was.  Like, way out in the country.  It was dark and raining, and I was starting to second guess my decision to be following some guy I had JUST met out in to the dark country.  BUT - as always - it turned out fine.  He was so nice, as was his wife who was waiting at home.  And I got my own cute little bedroom for the night!


No comments:

Post a Comment